Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Magic Tree House #7 Sunset of the Sabertooth

by Mary Pope Osborne Published by Scholastic 1996 68 Pages Genre: Fantasy Summary: Annie and Jack are thrown into another adventure. This time it is in their swimming suits into the dead of winter. As the enter the land before time. As the read over the research book they were given, they contimplate what they would do if they met any of the people from this time. They find themselves looking for protection from the cold, the find a cave which the soon discover is the home of a great bear! Running out of the cave they spot a cave with a glowing light inside. They go inside to find no one is home but find some warm skins to dress in. Before they know it, their mouse peanut runs away, following it they find him but get stuck in a hole. A man comes and helps them out and they ride away on a Mammoth. However a Sabertooth corners them. They are able to play the mammoth bone flute the aquired and it runs away. So realize they were here for the flute and head home. My Reaction: I have always loved these books. They are so fun. What an adventure. I guess i am on an adventure kick. I always imagened me as Annie and my brother as Jack. I could read these for hours! Potential Problems: They "borrow" clothes. Recommendations: All Elementary students.

No comments:

Post a Comment