Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Love that Dog

by Sharon Creech Published by Harper Trophy 2001 86 Pages Genre: Poetry Summary: Jack does not like Poetry! He thinks it's for girls. But he has to write it in class. Through his poems we see him develop from this closed little boy, to an open writer. He shows us what his whole life depends on. A blue car splattered in mud. We find out this car killed his dog and he still hurts and misses him. As Jack continues to grow he is able to meet his favorite poet and learn first hand from him and loves it. By the end, we see everything that inspires Jack in a beautiful poem. My Reaction: I really liked how creative this book was. It really caught me off guard. The style is so different from anything I have ever read before. I just really enjoyed the twist on this children's book. Potential Problems: Death Recommendations: I think this is a great book for any ages. Even adults will get a kick out of this hilarious book.

No comments:

Post a Comment