Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Children Just Like Me

by Barnabas and Anabel Kindersley DK Publishing 1995 80 Pages Genre: Non-Fiction Summary: This book is unlike any I have read before. It begins by showing all kinds of children all over the world and where they live. Then it goes into detail about each continent. Each child that is featured shows you their clothing, their parent's, home, and what they enjoy doing. We get to learn about to sisters who love to dance from Russia. We learn what it means to be from the Americas. We even get to meet a brother and sister from Ethiopia. How wonderful to see what it's like all around the world and what makes us like other children. My reaction: I really enjoyed how informational this book was. I was able to really enjoy every word. It was not to much but there were lots of pictures and this could be for many age groups. No one was left out. We saw some children of every categorie. Tall, short, dark skinner, light skinner, wheels chair and hockey player. It was all there. Possible Problems: I really didn't see any. Recommendations: I think this is a wonderful reference book for all children.

No comments:

Post a Comment