Saturday, March 26, 2011

I SPY A to Z: A Picture Book of Riddles

By Jean Marzollo and Photographs by Walter Wick
Cartwheel Books 2007
48 pages
Genre: Riddle Picture Book

Summary:
This is actually an alphabet book. We learn the alphabet through riddles. Each riddle highlights the letter that page represents. Each page has a few riddles and a picture. Each riddle is something you need to find in the picture. This is a fun book that is the most interactive you can possibly get. You don't only have to look for the riddle items but there are lots of things that children can regonize in each photo and the colors are bright and not to over powering. The pictures are in many different locations and have many different lightings, great encouragement for deep discussion.

My Reaction:
I have always loved these books. I would spend hours with my mom and my siblings just pouring over these books. They are very educational in a sneaky way, and encourage reading and discovery.

Recommendations:
EVERYONE! all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment